Sunday, May 31, 2009

My Buckeye Beginnings

My story about how I became a Buckeye fan is a little different then most, because I grew up in Dallas, TX. But, my dad grew up in Medina, a suburb of Cleveland, and went to The Ohio State University like the rest of his family. My dad loves the Buckeyes and indoctrinated me in as a young boy. My first game was in 1984 when the Buckeyes played Illinois. My dad still remembers that game like it was yesterday. Keith Byars ran for almost 300 yards that day against a very good Illini defense. He also ran for around 40 yards on one play without his shoe. So for the last 25 years my dad and I have made it for atleast 1 game every year, except for 2. Most of the time when I was young we would make it to 2 or 3 games if not more. So, you can understand why my loyalty to the Buckeyes runs very deep.

No comments:

Post a Comment